Air Testing & Monitoring
When asbestos is disturbed, fibres are released into the air which can be inhaled, this can lead to a range of serious and sometimes fatal health conditions. If asbestos is being removed from a building you manage, or you suspect that an asbestos-containing material has been disturbed, air sampling and monitoring is an effective way to detect the level of asbestos fibres present.
Our team of analysts have mobile laboratories to provide air testing for a wide range of customers throughout the country. Results are reported immediately on site. Air testing falls into a number of categories.
- LEAK TESTING – Carried out to locations surrounding a live asbestos removal enclosure to help ensure the enclosure integrity.
- BACKGROUND – Carried out before asbestos removal to establish the baseline fibre level. It may also be performed to assess whether normal occupancy of buildings is giving rise to airborne fibres for any reason.
- NEAR SOURCE – Carried out during asbestos removal works without an enclosure to establish fibre levels during the works.
- FAR SOURCE – Carried out to the perimeter of a site normally during demolition works
- REASSURANCE WITH CERTIFICATE OF INSPECTION – Carried out following the removal of asbestos without an enclosure or following an environmental clean of asbestos.
- PERSONAL – To check the asbestos fibre levels personnel are being exposed to.
- FOUR STAGE CLEARANCE (4SC) – Carried out following the completion of asbestos removal works within an enclosure
Get in Touch to Find Out More
To learn more about our services or book an appointment, use our contact form to get in touch or call our team on 0116 288 8256.Request a fully accredited air testing quote